We are always looking for talented, flexible, well-rounded and passionate teachers of Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic languages and culture. ESL/EFL, Indonesian, Tagalog, Dari/Pashto, Korean, Hindi, Urdu, and Swahili language instructors and interpreters are also frequently required in different locations.
- BA, MA desired
- Understanding the second language acquisition process and teaching techniques
- Ability to communicate with different people and incorporate fun activities (both with adults and children)
- Ability to create engaging, effective and interesting lessons based on practical materials
- Enthusiasm for culture and language
- A desire to learn and attend training sessions
- Motivation to grow in foreign language education
- Proficiency in English (and the target language)
- Experience teaching foreign languages is desired but not required
Cloudberry provides training to all new teachers.
- Developing and implementing communicative, task-based, student-centered, and proficiency-oriented learning activities in accordance with course requirements
- Explaining concepts clearly and coherently to students and providing constructive feedback to students in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the evaluation of students as necessary
- Participating in field trips within the area
- Holding lessons that include survival, familiarization, language/regional expertise/culture, initial acquisition, sustainment/enhancement, situational, and live environment training
Part-time, different locations around the country (online, Chicago and the suburbs, Colorado, North Carolina, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina and other), work on evenings and weekends is possible, work with adults and/or children at all levels of proficiency.
- Opportunity for training and development in foreign language education
- Free lessons for teachers and their children
- Community of like-minded professionals
- Opportunity to provide the local communities with a global perspective
Please email your resume (and certificates if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org