In December, our school reached the important milestone of one year since its inception. Along with our students, we learned a lot over the last year. We were presented with a number of great opportunities and overcame unexpected challenges.
This year we focused on taking care of our clients, doing things right the first time and making sure that promises made were kept—to our clients, our instructors, translators and one another.
We are most proud of the following accomplishments in 2013:
- Launched both group-based and private Russian, Mandarin, Arabic and ESL lessons in five Chicago neighborhoods
- Launched online Russian and Arabic classes for children and adults in small towns in Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Washington and Colorado who otherwise would not have had access to these languages in their hometowns
- Launched ESL instruction for children and adults in Russia
- Hired new teachers for four different languages all around the U.S.
- Expanded globally to attract new students from Europe and Eurasia
- Helped the non-profit Upwardly Global to provide jobs for two talented candidates
- Began working with Chicago Public Schools
- Held multiple free language events around Chicago for both children and adults
- Purchased many latest educational resources from different countries in order to make our classes more effective and fun
- Our instructors taught Special Forces and Navy Seals as well as famous artists and chefs
- Our founder published a book for children learning Russian as a foreign language
I want to thank each and every one of our employees and supporters for your efforts! I believe that with your continued support and hard work next year will be an even better year for our organization.
The goals for next year are more aggressive growth and better training for linguists. In 2013, our school was a baby who just learning how to walk. Now Cloudberry is a grown-up who wants to explore and play with the big guys.
In 2014, we plan to:
- Expand our operations and start serving students in all 50 states
- Launch programs for small children age 3 to 4
- Triple the number of teachers
- Quadruple revenue and hire additional talented linguists
- Increase the number of students 10-fold
- Increase our corporate client base
- Provide more training to our instructors and interpreters
- Increase our number of language immersion programs
- Increase the number of language development programs for adopted children
- Obtain greater national recognition and compete for language awards
- Develop our YouTube channel
- Collaborate with more famous educators from abroad and bring them to the U.S. for workshops
Meeting these objectives will help us provide more people with global opportunities.
Happy Holidays to you and your families! We hope you achieve your goals next year. Remember – “Goals are dreams with deadlines.”
Ksenia Kologrieva, President & Founder