- Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than one-eighth of the Earth. It spans 11 time zones and borders 16 countries.
- Russian is the largest native language in Europe and the 4th in the world by total number of speakers.
- The US government classified Russian as a critical needs language.
- It’s the language of the great Russian literature, art, ballet, theater, film, philosophy, music and history.
- Russian is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Russian is spoken in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan. It is an unofficial but widely spoken language in Moldova, Latvia, Estonia, Tajikistan, Georgia, Armenia, Uzbekistan, and the other countries that were once constituent republics of the USSR.
- Russia is a growing market and is included in BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) which represents the shift in global economic power away from the developed G7 economies towards the developing world. It is estimated that BRIC economies will overtake G7 economies by 2027.
- It's simply a fascinating country full of endless surprises!
May 02 2020
Park West, 322 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, Chicago, IL